1. Material Testing Laboratory
- Enable students to apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering in calculating the mechanical properties of structural materials.
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams in the area of materials testing.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering.
- Students will be able to understanding of professional and ethical responsibility in the areas of material testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively the mechanical properties of materials.
2. Basic Surveying Practice
- Application of the basic principles of engineering surveying and measurements
- Students will follow effectively field procedures required for a professional surveyor
- Use techniques, skills and conventional surveying Instruments necessary for engineering practice.
3. Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- To calibrate co-efficient of discharge for V notch, Rectangular notch, Trapezoidal notch, Broad crested weir, Venturemeter, Venturiflume and Vertical Orifice.
- Calibration of collecting tank and pressure gauge.
- Verification of Bernoulli’s equation.
- Determination of Darcy’s friction factor for a straight pipe.
- Determination of vane coefficient for a flat vane and semicircular vanes.
- Performance characteristics of a single stage centrifugal pump, Pleton wheel and a Kaplan turbine.
4.Engineering Geology Laboratory
- Applied Engineering Geology laboratory provides systematic knowledge of construction materials.
- That means knowledge about mineralogical composition, durability and other properties of construction materials.
- Before starting major project at a place, a detailed geological reports which is accompanied by geological maps and sections, is prepared.
- Such a report helps in planning and constructing the project. Applied Engineering Geology laboratory comprises such studies.
5. Computer Aided Design Laboratory
- This course will introduce the basics of AutoCAD, Excel and Staad pro software
- Students should be able to draw the plan, elevation and sections of any civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD software
- Students should be able to solve the problems of civil engineering using Microsoft Excel worksheet
- Students will be able to analyze the structures by staad pro software
6. Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
- Learn the common terms used in field of Geotechnical engineering.
- Laboratory tests to classify soil and their properties.
- Study interaction between water and soil and its effect on strength of soil.
- Learn the challenges posed in geotechnical analysis and design.
7. Concrete and Highway Materials Laboratory
- .Students get their hands on experience in testing various materials used in construction of civil engineering structures.
- Laboratory helps students in research work.
8. Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- The branch of Environmental Engineering is concerned with protecting the Environment or People from the effect of adverse Environmental effects.
- The students will be able to study necessity of providing clean water also disposing of solid wastes and sewage.
- Graduates will have the ability to establish themselves as practicing professionals in Environmental engineering field / civil engineering field.
- Exhibit a high degree of awareness of ethical and professional obligations through involvement in professional societies.