What are the courses offered and duration of the course?
- We offer Bachelor of Engineering, which is a four year course, in 6 disciplines viz
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- We also offer Ph.D program which is of duration 4 – 7 years
- Short term training programs of duration 5 – 15 days, through IIT-B remote centre are also offered for faculties and students of the zone.
- NISE’s Suryamithra Skill development program of duration 3 months is offered for interested candidates in solar energy sector.
What are the Eligibility criteria to get admissions in to B.E. Course?
For admission to B.E course, the student should have passed 2nd PUC or 12th Standard or equivalent examination with English as one of the languages and obtaine 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry, Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology. In case of candidatesbelonging to Karnataka - Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other Backward Classes(Category I,2A,2B,3A, and 3B), the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40%of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects in the qualifying examination.
Is it necessary to take entrance examinations to get admissions under non management quota?Yes, the candidate should either appear in Common Entrance Test conducted by KEA, or COMED-K test conducted by COMED-K to get admissions under non management quota. For the candidate to avail seats under management quota, he must possess minimum 45% of marks in PCM subjects (for SC and ST its 40%).
Is the college recognized?Yes, SDMIT, Ujire is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and is approved by AICTE.
Where can we procure the application form?Application forms for admission can be procured from college office
Documents needed for admissions?
- S.S.L.C. / 10th standard Marks Card for age proof.
- Pre- University marks card (1st & 2nd year)/ 10+2.
- Scheduled caste & Scheduled Tribes certificate/ OBC if applicable.
- Study certificate.
- Income certificate (if applicable).
- Seat allotment order (if seat has been allotted through CET or COMED K)
Which is the managing body of the institute?
- SDME Society, Ujire
Does the college possess research centres?
- Yes, we have research centers in the departments of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.